Shock Thoughts

The San Francisco Chronicle called Ron Shock one of the greatest American storytellers.
He has been called one of the best comics who ever walked on a stage by his peers.
This man will take your mind on a wild ride. Enjoy !!!

Name:
Location: Las Vegas

This is Ron's spot for an ongoing dialog with the world. Updated as frequently as you need...

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

NEW DVD: LIVE AT 65!

i have finished editing my new DVD, LIVE AT 65! and it is the best of the three i have out. it was filmed on my 65th birthday here in vegas at the trop. while the camera work is a little jumpy in the first 5 minutes it settles in after that. (a fellow comic was doing the filming). since it was my birthday night, i was really jazzed and on top of my game and as a result, my friends, i fucking nailed every piece.

the dvd playlist is as follows:

how cold was it? this is a really good version of this piece, much better than bootleg I.

how stupid are they? after this dvd gets out i will never be able to go even through mississippi again.

van seats. far and away the best one on film.

train wreck, surprised! (as my old time fans know, this one was orginially about a plane crashing into a motel in indiana but after 9-11 i changed it to another wreck) this one is exceptional, even rhonda laughs each time she sees this one and since she does all my c.d.'s and comes to most of my in town shows, it is hard to get her to laugh at "old" material but i have added a new little twist on this one at the end. you'll like it!

.22 cal. rifle. another one that is the best version on film.

bio. the only one of these on film.

ESCAPE FROM L.A. COUNTY JAIL this story you have never heard and it is going to be as popular as "world's greatest dope story." if this story doesn't knock you down...you just don't like stories. i think it is my best story from a life full of stories.

and as a bonus: a really good version of oral roberts (much better than bootleg I)

_________________________________________________________________

we will be taking orders here on the website and will start mailing them out on about the tenth of january. (if there is going to be a delay, we will notify you but as right now we think we will be ready by the tenth)

of all the material i have out on c.d. and dvd, this is my favorite one so far. while not broadcast quality, the film is good because it was done in digital and not taken from vhs as the first two bootlegs were. if you like my live performance you will really enjoy LIVE AT 65 and will show it to your friends. (in a way, i feel uncomfortable saying all this but, in reality, i do like this and i have watched it at least ten times and, trust me, i am highly critical of my own work and for the most part cannot stand watching film of me because i am always thinking, "i could have done that better" but when i watch this...i think, " i just can't do these pieces any better"....for what it is worth)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a great Christmas present to give yourself.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie, had the baby looks just like you.Please call I don't want any money, but if you could see your way clear to send something now and then it would be helpful.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home