Shock Thoughts

The San Francisco Chronicle called Ron Shock one of the greatest American storytellers.
He has been called one of the best comics who ever walked on a stage by his peers.
This man will take your mind on a wild ride. Enjoy !!!

Name:
Location: Las Vegas

This is Ron's spot for an ongoing dialog with the world. Updated as frequently as you need...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

houston

back in houston, grimy, sweaty, polluted and humid houston, one of my favorite cities in the whole wide godforsaken world, full of good people and good times. it is a real case of don't judge a book by its cover. in the summer it is miserable and in the winter it rains; periodically flooding large parts of the town. every eight or nine years a hurricane will hit and the mosquitoes show up as blips on a radar screen. they have cockroaches that will carry off small, unattended babies and the traffic is as bad as it gets and it gets more than its fair share of crime. with all of that, still one of my favorites because you just can't beat the people here. it has good theater, great ballet, 5 comedy clubs and enough beer consumed to drown the british isles. if you can't find a party or get laid in houston there is something wrong with you. it is basically a blue colllar town with a great attitude. they don't take themselves too seriously and have a good time not doing so.

had a great show tonight, maybe one of my best ever. wish you had been here.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you could tell me if Obanomous is single? And pretty? She seems to share a lot of my political views, and I’ve been looking to meet a nice woman who I would have much in common with.

If she’s still single, is there any possibility that you could introduce me to her? It’s been many years since I’ve had any romance in my life, and this sounds like a really good prospect. I have often dreamed of meeting a girl like Ann Coulter (she would be my ideal dream date), but Obanomous sounds like she could be really terrific as well!

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see ur in Houston, didn't think you were gonna be on the road for a while, but I'm buying tickets today for Saturday's late show, so be sure you tell the new story of escaping from LA county jail.

From the guy who agreed to disagree

Ron Paul 2008 !!! :)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Atomic Punk said...

Dear Ron,

I’m sorry to see that your wonderful blog has picked up a troll. Most of the time I simply ignore such bullshit, but every now and then a man has to stand up and say, “Do you mind?”
I’ve seen some great exchanges on this blog, and enjoy the debates on politics, and other subjects. But as always, someone walks into the party and says, “I don’t like you, and I don’t like this party either!” I always wonder why someone would stay so long at a party they were not enjoying. Why not go find a party more suited to your liking? That’s when the little voice in my head (I call him Bob) says, “Remember, some people simply like to argue and stir up shit, you know... assholes.”

Now I realise that by using the “A” word I’m sure to get a response or two giving me shit,(Remember, Bob said it, not me) or telling me to shut up. This will simply drive home my point; adults cannot gather some place on the net to have a rational discussion without some bonehead becoming a pain in the ass. I believe it is the same as having a heckler in the crowd.
Anyway, I’ll sit back down now and let the party continue, and maybe we can soon get back to adult conversations with no bullshit additives.

Yours truly,
Atomic Punk (and Bob)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Ron Shock said...

michaelet,

will try to get it in, did it last night and it was wonderful. all depends on audience, i have to have one that has the capacity to listen from a to b to c to d to e and so on. too many times they can only get to b.

atomic punk (and bob),

her problem is strictly personal. in a way, she can't help herself, it is in her nature to be a pain in the ass. on one hand, she is quite brilliant but on the other she is thick as a brick. somewhere along the way in her life i became the object of her general dislike of everything different from her. hopefully, she will eventually go away and bother someone else.

thanks for the support.

ron

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, thanks for sharing your perspective of life, especially life in Houston.
I think that you had the crowd on the edge of their seats for the closing story. Good work.

The 3rd time is a charm, good luck with the Radio Show.

If Dwight is open minded, please give him some pointers about how to find his comedic groove for this weekend's performance.

Keep running, thanks for helping people laugh, especially at ourselves....

KH

4:44 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Saw you Friday night in Houston...

Enjoyed you immensely!

Thanks for a great show!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home