Shock Thoughts

The San Francisco Chronicle called Ron Shock one of the greatest American storytellers.
He has been called one of the best comics who ever walked on a stage by his peers.
This man will take your mind on a wild ride. Enjoy !!!

Name:
Location: Las Vegas

This is Ron's spot for an ongoing dialog with the world. Updated as frequently as you need...

Friday, January 19, 2007

BUSINESS AS USUAL

have waited a while before writing again. am now in houston, playing what is known among the comics as "don's room," but to the general public as "the laff spot." this is the gig with kenny rogerson.

einstein's theory of what is considered "insane" is when you do the same thing but expect a different result. by that defination, george bush is insane.

...or he has an agenda other than "winning the peace" in iraq. we already did the "surge" thing in baghdad and it didn't work the first two times we tried it. expecting something different this time is, at best, delusional, and, at worst, criminal. we are just putting more american boys and girls in a shooting gallery that is all out civil war. bush can't even get the so-called "president" of iraq to agree on anything. bush says one thing and then el presidente says another and then the white house calls him and the next day he sort of agrees with our el presidente. bullshit, he is never going to allow american soldiers to take on the sadr army because his entire political support rests on that group of shiites and without their vote in parliment he is no longer el preidente. don't you see?

speaking of presidents, the president of iran is almost as unpopular with his people as bush is with the american people. the press doesn't emphasis this enough. the iranians do NOT want war with america. the iranians (persians), as a general rule, want to be FRIENDS WITH AMERICA. the persians do not trust the arabs. the persians are more our natural allies in the middle east than the saudi's or yemans. the president of iran is just a figurehead. people here do not understand that. americans are inclined to believe that the "president" speaks for the country. in iran that is not true. the real head of the government is the "grand ayatollah."

in watergate we learned to "follow the money." in iraq i think the same principle should apply. who are all the companies that are making these billions of dollars we are "spending" in iraq. how many of them have ties to the people in this administration? that is two of the questions that should be being asked.

bush always says, "show me a plan for WINNING in iraq and i will consider it." but you see, the thing of it is, we are NOT GOING TO WIN IN IRAQ. by leaving we are not admitting a "defeat", we are admitting a "mistake." don't you see? there is a huge difference. we made (well, not we THE PEOPLE, but we as a bush led nation) a mistake by invading iraq in the first place. we made another mistake by deciding to occupy iraq in the second place and we made an additional mistake in thinking we are going to get three groups of people (who have hated and killed each other for over a thousand years) to all of a sudden start loving and co-operating with one another. it ain't going to fucking happen, jack! get real. it is time to think rationally about this. get the fuck out of there. say we're sorry about all of this but good-bye. give them some money to steal and a sincere apology and get out of dodge. our stock in the world would skyrocket!

it is cold here in houston and the nights are long. and my mind goes in a thousand different directions. from my country to my dick my thoughts follow no procedures and for sure no inhibitions. some of my thoughts make even me blush. some of them make me cry.

vampire poems on rainy nights
have the puffs, pills and powders
obscured my sight?
or do i see clearer now?

the bankers up against the wall
to pay for their grievous sins
the firing squad one and all
are sighting their rifles in

what would i say in their defense
as one man to another?
forgive them for their offense?
they even fucked their mother.

see, it wasn't personal.
it was just business.

as usual.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ron! Welcome to Houston. I am coming to your show tonight and am hoping you don't pick on people in the audience. If you do, pick on my friend Emma. Thanks :)

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your show, and I wanted to thank you for not picking on me. I am slightly over-weight, and am rather self-conscious about it. Years ago I went to see Bill Hicks perform, and he used every single part of an elephant's anatomy to make fun of my appearance. Before I knew it, I had a trunk, big ears, a couple of tusks, and I'll be damned if I didn't also develop a sudden craving for peanuts. Well, that cured me of ever wanting to become a Republican, I can tell you that! Anyway, thanks for taking it easy on Emma and me.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen, Ron, don't believe a word of what he just told you. Bill Hicks was right; he IS an elephant! When he snores at night it sounds like it was amplified by six feet of tubular resonance. When we went to Europe last summer, the Romans ran for cover when they saw him coming. In a former life he was stuffed by a pachydermist. You had every right to pick on him (or feed him peanuts), and he should consider himself lucky!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the one that left the first comment - about not picking on people. Have absolutely no idea what the other 2 comments are about but if you had picked on my friend Emma it would have been because she is a beautiful person.

You were a riot last night. Thanks for all the laughs.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's this, if you had picked on me it would have been because I was a beautiful person? It sounds like he's just trying to suck up to me, Ron, on account of yet another night of endless cacophonous snores. They usually begin around 2:00 am; I'm dreaming about getting a rose for Valentine's Day, and then AAAAHHHH-SNORRRR. I'm dreaming about chocolate, and then AAAAHHHH-SNORRRR. I wish Bill Hicks were still round, so I could recruit his help in ending these nightly nasal detonations!

PS- The snores also remind me of Republicans, which I detest.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Ron Shock said...

that was a hellava show wasn't it. thanks for the comments. p.s. i know who emma is, the republican comment gave her/him away.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home