Shock Thoughts

The San Francisco Chronicle called Ron Shock one of the greatest American storytellers.
He has been called one of the best comics who ever walked on a stage by his peers.
This man will take your mind on a wild ride. Enjoy !!!

Name:
Location: Las Vegas

This is Ron's spot for an ongoing dialog with the world. Updated as frequently as you need...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

friends of mine...ringo included.

what a great week i just had here in houston. this club is primo and it is a real pleasure to play. we had quite a few "shock fans" in the crowds and i was able to do several requests for them. (tiptone, did you make one of the shows?) the owner is having me back twice a year and i will be the new year's eve act in 09 which will be the first new year's eve i have worked in 20 years since i feel that they are amature night but don, the owner, assured me that he charges so much money that the crowds are just great. i will be working in a tux. cool.

this coming year i will be doing 11 weeks in texas and i couldn't be happier over that. i have a tremendous amount of "texas" material that kills here.

today is my 66th birthday and brookie and ed are taking me out for seafood this evening.

boy, there are a couple of guys who write me on this blog that seem to just hate me. now, i am be chastized over ringo starr one saying i have terrible choices for friends because i am a friend of ringo. gads. i will put my group of friends up against anyone's, from college profs to lawyers, to artists, to movie stars, to comics, to club owners, to poker players, to writers, to philosphers, to rock stars, to a couple of old gangsters, to undercover cops, to a major general in the united states army, to songwriters, and to doctors my friends are straight, gay, white, black, brown, asian, young and old. they are liberal and conservative. when times were tough they banded together and helped me without being asked. so, if you think i have bad choice in friends then you don't know my friends. as far as ringo starr goes, i don't know what prompted him to cut off fan mail (and neither do you) and i don't care...that is his business. he has been very nice and gracious to me. a gentleman at all times.

oh well, happy birthday to me and peace to us all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Ron Shock said...

"inherent, instinctive ability to distinguish"

"vituperative scoldings"

goodness.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ron!
My God you're old. ROFL!

I'm not sure why anyone would give you a hard time about what Ringo does. Like you have something to do with it.

I can't really blame the guy for wanting people to back off a bit. He hasn't been able to go anywhere in the world for the last 40 years without people hounding the shit out of him.

I wouldn't mind being rich, but I couldn't handle the famous part. I don't know how some celebrities deal with it at all.

I'm just waiting for some movie star to lose it one of these days and open fire on photographers.

I'd lay odds on Jack Nicholson. He's already taken a golf club to one of them.
Good for you, Jack.

8:29 AM  
Blogger tiptone said...

My apologies Ron, couldn't make it down to one of the shows. Being a ways up on the North side, that's a long drive back at the end of the night. We'll be keeping an eye on your schedule.

Keep doing what you do my man.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home