Shock Thoughts

The San Francisco Chronicle called Ron Shock one of the greatest American storytellers.
He has been called one of the best comics who ever walked on a stage by his peers.
This man will take your mind on a wild ride. Enjoy !!!

Name:
Location: Las Vegas

This is Ron's spot for an ongoing dialog with the world. Updated as frequently as you need...

Friday, July 27, 2007

SORRY SINA!

first of all; my fan in salt lake city is not a woman. his name is sina and i just assumed it was a female name. my apologies.

i have been invited to perform at the VANCOUVER COMEDY FESTIVAL in september. very cool. they are having a theme this year and it is marijuana. hmmmmmm, wonder why they wanted me. i would really like to get a great film of WORLD'S GREATEST DOPE STORY and this just might be the place to do so. if i do, i will put it out immediately since there is no great film of that story and that is a bitch because it is, far and away, the most requested piece i do. on that subject, i am one of the very, very few comics who do requests. in reno, i had a writer request the 900 foot tall jesus and though i had not done it in a while it just rocked. i may put it back in the rotation.

oh well, not much to say other than watch out for falling stock markets; off to eat mexican food.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Rooster said...

You took a request of mine the first and only time I saw you live. I'd never heard the full version of the 900 foot tall Jesus. The show was in Tulsa. I asked for it, and you did it.

I obviously thought that was cool.

...

On Tuesday, the stock markets were all aflitter and beaming because the Dow was over 14,000, and today everyone's crying in their Dom Perignon because it's sliding.

And yet we wonder why kids don't pay attention to anything for more than about six seconds anymore.

4:14 PM  
Blogger tiptone said...

I'm putting mine in early then. :)

Any chance we can get a Van Seats at Hyena's on the 25th next month?

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a dream last night. I dreamed you called me a complete idiot, and you then told me (to rub it in)that some of your closest friends had previously told you that I was not the least bit intelligent, in spite of your initial impressions. This was just to corroborate your opinion that I was, in fact, merely a worthless moron. I'm just real sorry you feel that way, and I have no feelings left, one way or another, except that it's a hard rain tonight, and I no longer care about any of the drug busts.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Ron Shock said...

van seats it shall be. i really like the hyena's clubs and have had nothing but great rock and roll shows there. i can play anything from blues to jazz to classical to rock and roll and hyena's is a rock and roll club. (san francisco is a classical and blues club for instance)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sina Amedson said...

hahaha! No apologies necessary Ron! I get it all the time. I usually have to vocally associate it with Xena the Warrior princess so people can even pronounce it.

As for the Marijuana story, if you don't get good tape of it there, I bet you'll get a great one here. My friend from Norml and from many medical marijuana groups is planning on coming to your shows. It should be a good time.

Sina.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too enjoy the world's greatest dope story, and it started out as such a lovely gathering.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home