Shock Thoughts

The San Francisco Chronicle called Ron Shock one of the greatest American storytellers.
He has been called one of the best comics who ever walked on a stage by his peers.
This man will take your mind on a wild ride. Enjoy !!!

Name:
Location: Las Vegas

This is Ron's spot for an ongoing dialog with the world. Updated as frequently as you need...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

thanks for your concern

i thank all of you for your concern and your words of encouragement. i don't think it is anything of importance after speaking to my doctor but i am getting more tests today. on the other hand, we all die anyway and there is no sense in being afraid of the inevitable besides i know that there is a spirit inside of me that is seperate from my physical self and that spirit, being energy, does not die with the physical self.

i was reading about the world's oldest person and one of the people who research people who live to be 100+ said that what really is the determining factor is not whether they smoke or drink or whatever it is family history, if your family lives long chances are so will you. on both sides of my family, people live very long and some on my dad's side lived to 100 so i plan on being here and telling stories and jokes for quite some time. but then again, a woman may jump off a balcony and hit me as i am walking out a door. and watch out for ducks and trains and be careful when fishing.

but again, thanks for your concern.

really, the only thing that would worry me is rhonda and how it would hit her if something were to happen to me. she loves me with a love that i have never experienced before and i would not want her to go through that. for that reason, i am going to do everything in my power to make sure that i live a long time and that includes quitting smoking. i have cut way back and will do it this year. wait and see.

oh well, off to the doctor. tomorrow i head to my old stomping grounds of houston where i am playing two clubs back to back...it will be a great time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your kids would be pretty upset too... and those grandkids probably so too. Just a thought...

Dad I hope you feel better soon! Love to you both... and good luck on the tables.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With an attitude like that, you just might outlive all them ex-smoking, tofu-gnawing, etc, etc,

2:19 PM  
Blogger tiptone said...

"but then again, a woman may jump off a balcony and hit me as i am walking out a door. "

Ron, that right there is what makes you the funniest SOB I know of. Hands down. We're wishing the best for you.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Art said...

My great-granddad made it to 96. My granddad made it to 92. My uncle, who smoked, only made it to 65. Sorry, but I think it has a definite impact. Now excuse me while I gnaw on my tofu and live to 110.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home