Shock Thoughts

The San Francisco Chronicle called Ron Shock one of the greatest American storytellers.
He has been called one of the best comics who ever walked on a stage by his peers.
This man will take your mind on a wild ride. Enjoy !!!

Name:
Location: Las Vegas

This is Ron's spot for an ongoing dialog with the world. Updated as frequently as you need...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Keepin' It Real Every Night


well, greetings from the road, atlanta this week and chattanooga next. actually, i am in roswell, georgia which is a suburb of atlanta performing at a cool club called the FUNNY FARM where i have had some great shows. i have a monday night gig in madison, alabama (is my career skyrocketing or what?) before i do chattanooga. i haven't been in chattanooga for a couple of years and am looking forward to it. for those of you in the neighborhood, come on out because i have a ton of material you haven't seen yet. if you don't know about the club there, it is the COMEDY CATCH and it rocks.

for the people who have responded to my blog, i ALWAYS appreciate your feedback.

also i want to thank all of you who have e-mailed sirius radio trying to get them to put me on the air--IT WORKED! they wrote me last week and said they have received numerous requests for my stuff and would i please mail them my recordings which, of course, i did. if you all keep telling people about me maybe one day i will get the general public's attention.

back in the early 90's i was going to be "the next big thing" with lots of national press, usa today, entertainment tonight, joan rivers show, tonight show with johnny carson, etc, etc. but when i had to take 4 years off because of ellen's accident and subsequent death i faded from the public view. we are such a celebrity-driven society that if you do not have a tv show as a comic you are basically unknown. my good friend, bill hicks, who i believe was the best stand-up comic that ever lived, died in relative obscurity and only after his death has he started to get the attention that he so richly deserved. i don't want to become famous after i am dead, would much rather do it now while i can enjoy it. (i might add, the reason i would like to be famous is to have bigger audiences to perform for--i believe i have a gift and gifts are for giving and the more people i can give to the better) in the meantime, i will give every audience the best i have every night, every show, every town, be it san francisco or madison alabama.

p.s. if you are a fan of mine and have not heard bill hicks do yourself a favor and go to the internet and find him and get some of his recordings and blow your mind. there are also several books out about him, american scream and bill hicks-agent of evolution, to name two.

i want to also thank andrew shaman who set up my web site and my new, lovely wife, rhonda who those of you who have bought my stuff over the net know is not only my wife but is also my sometimes shipping clerk. after ellen died, i was in pretty bad shape and no telling what would have become of me had i not met rhonda; she has given light back to my life and freed me to share my gift once more. all of you who enjoy my work owe some thanks to her as well.

rock 'n roll,

ron

1 Comments:

Blogger Ron Shock said...

hope you were there, it was a great show, especially after that drunken bitch was gone

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home